You want to sell your Dallas house, and you want to get top dollar.
Here are some tips on how to get your home ready to sell if you’re looking for top dollar that the market will bear:
*NOTE: These instructions are if you’re looking to get full retail value for your house sale. However, if you don’t want to do the things below… or don’t have the time or money to do the things below… you can still sell your Dallas house fast for a fair value in a win-win sale that’ll save you time and expense.
1) Declutter and organize. Remove all personal items and simplify your space. If you don’t like to deep clean, then consider hiring someone who can help. Buyer want to see open space so they can imagine their own furniture in the house.
2) Keep it classy. Subtle colors can really help change the perception of spaces. A soft yellow will help brighten up a dark kitchen, while a deep dark blue or green will help a bright bedroom to feel like a calm place to sleep (but be careful, dark colors will also make rooms feel small). Consider using a professional painter.
3) Fix what’s broken. Change out any light bulbs and those pesky smoke detector batteries. You might have drowned out the chirp, but it will certainly annoy a buyer walking through your house.
It’s often a good use of money to hire a home inspector to come through before you put the property on the market. Their report can help you decide what to fix first. Just remember, anything found in the inspection report must be disclosed. If you try to hide anything, you could be guilty of fraud. Make sure to stay in compliance with all the laws.
4) Home improvements. The biggest mistake people make when getting their house ready to sell is over-improving. It’s important to know what improvements will produce a return on investment to avoid wasting money.
Paint is about the only safe investment. Remember, choose a neutral color.
5) Hire an expert. Find an experienced real estate broker who will help you. They can give you comparative market analysis to help you decide on a listing price and help in negotiations with buyers. Great brokers are rare, but they make more money for their clients. Expect to pay them a commission of about 4-6% for their services.
6) Marketing is key. Great brokers earn their value by doing this work and spreading the advertising expenses across many clients. Marketing is expensive and time-consuming but established brokers already have this down to a science.
For a more detailed guide on how to sell your house, you can read this article.
If all of this sounds daunting, overwhelming, and time consuming…..
7) Call us for a cash offer. We buy houses all over the Dallas area, and we do all the work so you don’t have to deal with any of this stuff. We want to help you!
Submit basic info about your house over here on our website, we’ll evaluate your house, we’ll make you a fair all-cash offer on your house, and you can decide if it’s a fit for you.
Then we can close FAST (often times within 7 days) if you need us to.
So if you’re still asking “what do I need to do to sell my house in Dallas”… now you have 2 solid options.
- Declutter, clean, fix what’s broken, paint, and hire a real estate broker to get your house ready to sell at top dollar
- Let us do all of the work! We’ll make you a cash offer on your house in AS-IS condition. This saves you time, money, and gets the hassle off of your hands much quicker!